So after I left Starbucks, I listed one of my favorite things about NOT working there was that I get to now wear nail polish whenever I get the notion. I find myself wearing it more than not. And all those pretty colors. Oooooooooooh my. However, much to my chagrin, I also find that I manage to chip and ruin my pretty polish job quicker than you can say “how d’ya do”….. which is rather a pain in my ass, if you must know. Putting the pretty polish on is all fine and dandy, but having to take the polish off all the time because of chips is obnoxious. So I have come up with a solution. If you would like to be privy to this brilliant solution, please read ahead.
“How to Stretch that Polish Job” by May-May Golly
1. Notice chips in polish and sigh heavily in disgust.
2. Grab appropriate nail color from bathroom cabinet and sit on bathroom toilet with hand propped up on knee.
3. Blob said nail color in places on nail bed where said nail color is missing, or “chipped”.
4. Allow to dry.
5. Quickly re-apply another coat of “Out the Door” Quick drying Nail polish to “blend”.
6. Determine to gesture wildly when speaking to people and hope they won’t notice not-so-perfect manicure.
7. Congratulate self on brilliance and ingenuity and admire nails. ……….From afar……….without contacts in.
And in other news: THE PHOTO OF THE DAY IS………
Mr. Jandt in his “man room”.
Word of advice to the ladies:
Allow your man this comfort, if you can. It is important for them to have their own “space”, just as much as it is for us. And if they take simple pleasure in playing World of Warcraft, LET THEM. They don’t bitch when we meet our girlfriends for coffee or get our hair did. Don’t bitch at them for playing their favorite video game. As long as they know it must have it’s place. And that that “place” come AFTER time with you.